These tips were recommended by the Director of Group Exercise at my gym, Priscilla Bell. I think they're helpful, especially since the only thing I seem to stay motivated about lately is watching tv and eating.
1. Try not to think of your goals in terms of outcome. A goal of losing 15 pounds is great but it is also end-result focused. Try thinking '"what am I going to do today that will help me reach that goal".
2. Write down all the pain you associate with being in your present position. That may include "my clothes don't fit" or "I don't have any energy". Then write down all the pleasure that you associate with achieving your goal. For example, "I'll feel great in a bathing suit" or "my energy will improve". Review the list regularly.
3. Make your goals action-oriented. Instead of "by June 1st I will be able to wear a bikini" make it "by June 1st I will be able to run 5 miles without walking".
4. Try to stay away from the 'All or Nothing' attitude. If it is going to be difficult to make it to the club for your scheduled 90-minute workout, don't give up entirely. If you can't do 90 minutes, just go for an hour or even 30 minutes. When it comes to exercise, any activity is better than nothing.
5. And finally, if you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right. Attitude is everything so stay positive and you will meet your goals.
No comments:
Post a Comment