This is our Metro Station at Eastern Market, where I catch the trains that go to most major spots in the city, including Virginia. We also take the bus because it's right near our apartment and goes straight to the law school and Union Station, where you can catch trains that go to Baltimore (I'll be making that trip tomorrow!).
So far it's been pretty safe, full of all kinds of folk just getting from one place to another. It's also really fast and the trains come about every 10 minutes, depending on the time of day. So far, life without a car has been challenging, but totally doable, and better for us as far as getting to know our neighbors and the place that we live.
2 comments:
Wow - that metro station looks pretty nice. It's not nearly as cool as my big blue bus I ride around in, though! :) Thanks for the shoutout - I look forward to hearing more about your new home. Miss you, girl!
I am so jealous that you get to use public transpo. One day I will live somewhere with a train. One day.
Post a Comment