Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So I went to New York....Part I

And it was Fabulous! From DC you can be in NY in less than 3 1/2 hours by train - which I love - because you don't have to deal with airport shenanigans. Also I can walk to the train station :)

Here I am chillin' with Obama in Times Square. I'm really proud of my self-portrait abilities. I was here on a Friday at about 11 am, which was super because there weren't that many people there. I also spotted Whitney, one of the winners of Top Model. Supposedly she is "plus size" - yeah right!
I just stumbled on The Late Show, and asked some nice Europeans to take my picture. There are so many Europeans in New York!Radio City - you can pay $20 to go to the observation deck, but that's ridiculous so I spend that 20 to go to the MOMA instead.So here is Picasso's Guitar, just chillin' on the wall. Granted, it's very far up on the wall, but it's just there when you come around the conrer. There should be some kind of warning. It was pretty cool that it wasn't even behind glass or anything. I wonder who's job it is to dust it.
This is Pipilotti Rist's Pour Your Body Out installation, where you are invited to take off your shoes and "stretch" and watch the weird movie. I fell asleep for little bit in there. It was cool.

2 comments:

casablancalady said...

I love Whitney...and art, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice hat!