Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Trip, to Big Sky Country

And wheeew boy, was it ever Country! There truly is a lot of that big beautiful sky in Montana. What an absolutely fab, totally hunting/log-cabin/truck enthusiastic state. We had a great time over there for some O'Connor family gatherin' and all around good times. I ate a lot of bacon.
________________________________________
The Kalsipell Airport was delightfully miniature in size. And here's Keene's bro when we all went to Whitefish Lake - he's quite adept at dog wrangling (specifically, Sadie, Barnaby and Maddie).
________________________________________
Keene and I checked out Glacier National Park and went lookin' for some glaciers. Only a few left! All that geology was pretty awesome though.
________________________________________
We met up with a nice goat family at the Visitor's Center. I channeled my inner Marmot.
________________________________________
A spectacular water fountain and the "weeping wall" - felt the spray in the convertible!
________________________________________
On the drive home we stopped in a wholesome little mining town in Idaho called "Wallace," which was once known for its silver and many whorehouses. So much mining lore! We had lunch at "Club 1313," a place which is very enthusiastic about taxidermy and has the "(wh)Orehouse Ale" on tap. And people: now might be a great time to get some Cash 4 Gold!
________________________________________
It was such an amazing weekend in Montana. I can't wait to go again!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I spent a lot of time in Wallace growing up! One of my polar bears I sleep with (blush- yes still) is named Wallace after the town. I have some good memories there!

mansionmogul said...

omg - Wallace is an awesome name for a bear!