![]() | ![]() |
DREAM HOUSE 2030:
1. A fabulous, king-size bed, tufted headboard, white linens
2. Twinkle-lit, outdoor garden entertaining space. Built in bbq? Aw hell, built in pizza oven.
3. A giant walk-in closet. If we're talking mansion then I want a sitting area and a "pouf" for my vanity and a giant island dresser in the middle.
4. DOUBLE SINKS in the master
5. Place to park a car, possibly...covered?
6. Peaceful. And if I can smell a hint of ocean through the window, done deal.
7. Great neighbors
8. Sunlit
9. Breakfast nook
10. Architectural details: finials, crown molding, stained glass, etc.
11. A red door, possibly with wisteria cascading around it
12. A grand and/or charming fireplace. Gotta have that at Christmas.
13. Wrap-around porch, complete with ceiling fans and porch swing.
Y'know, just to name a few. What is it that makes your house heart flutter?


7 comments:
1. Garage
2. Front porch big enough for a swing or rocking chair... yeah, I'm old.
3. Brick pizza oven
4. Access to a school with a dual language program
5. Big. Ass. Kitchen. With a 6 burner gas range.
6. Deck big enough for a BBQ, 8 person wooden table, and perhaps a hot tub.
7. Closet with enough space that I don't have to stack my clothes one on top of each other.
8.. Those red washer/dryers.
9. Hardwood floors with thick white rugs that repel dirt.
10. This couch that we saw at Macy's... oh, it's amazing... I can't even describe it, it was so amazing.
Now, I'm sad I don't have this!
Good call on the range - I totally forgot: double ovens! I really want you guys to have that couch too.
thanks for visiting my blog :) yours is fantastic, and I have definitely have a clear idea of a dream house...
1. On a warm beach somewhere with huge windows (think Uma's place in Gattaca)
2. Pool table/game room
3. Golden Retriever
4. Hot tub
5. Outdoor shower
Hi Chelsea - love your style. I can't believe I forgot about A GAME ROOM! That is a must.
-one of those things that you can hang your pots on in the kitchen, instead of smashing them into the cupboards.
-one piece of furniture that secretly doubles as a cooler/fridge
-the outdoor room (patio or deck with plenty of seats, fireplace/fire pit, bbq, lit by those little round bulb light strings, maybe a place to project a movie or the game up to watch outside too cause that is awesome)
-real home gym...so i don't get fat(ter) with the works - wieghts, machines, etc.
-library
-Man Bathroom
I think a man bathroom really benefits all parties involved.
And tivo for every tv.
Fo'shizz on the wrap-around porch action!
Post a Comment