I am in a blog funk, peeps! Sometimes I'm just not feeling inspired, y'know? So for today, why don't we just...chat. How is everyone? What are your weekend plans? I've got a tentative hh plan, that could involve something called "cask" beer. What is that? Saturday I'm getting my hair cut. Soooo overdue. Did I mention I've been getting my haircuts from the same person for 15 years? Yeah. This will be an adventure! I'll let you know how it turns out. Sunday will be a day of chillin', and perhaps pot pie makin' (or should I do sheperd's pie?).
What are y'allz weekend plans? (Comment, I really do want to know!)
We're moving! And stressing out! And moving some more! And double stressing out! The moms are involved in this move, so they'll unpack all of our decorative stuff, ignore the rest, and start putting up pictures in exactly the place they don't belong. I wish you could be here for the madness:)
Cask beer, btw, is small batch beer. "More handcrafted", John-the-beer-snob said. It's not carbonated, it's pumped.
oh man, I wish I could help you too - I swear I'd unpack unfun things like glassware and put together ikea furniture. In exchange for cask beer, of course ;)
That was an excellent morning chat. I was in a huge blog funk for awhile too...like massive writers block. Plus I have so major blog drama going on that I will have to fill you in on. I love the new page design! I wish I was a graphic designer!!
My weekend plans: drink some of that cask beer with you kids tonight (lord keep me under control, benefit of natural carbonization=drink more=shitty morning to follow!) Saturday I am going to OCD clean my kitchen in my apartment...it is starting to scare me, and then going curling with my work. Sunday I am going with some people to a REDSKINS game!! So excited for that one!
In other news, I am probably going to have to make a voyage out to Michael's sometime soon to get some crafty stuff for a project at work (love my job)..I might drag you with me.
I once took a three week break from blogging - and it was awesome. Like, in that time I really missed doing it, and I came back with a lot of ideas and projects. It was very refreshing.
Don't be afraid to take a break every once and awhile - lots of bloggers do! I think it's a form of blogging "self care."
I can't believe that pot pie is winning over shepards pie! shepards pie is the food of the gods people!!!
this weekend: tonight - Pixies concert at paramount, stay up till 4 packing and stressing about moving tomorrow - Move to the new house! drink beer (probably not cask beer) Sunday - clean old apt, unpack new house.
Andy and I area going to a pizza partay tonight...spa day tomorrow at Bonneville hot springs and then printmaking and a thanksgiving celebration on Sunday! This weekend rocks!
Got to celebrate with Brandon being done with Chemo last night. Heading to the brewery to help brew some beer (double batch of Jive Espresso Stout) in about 5 minutes. I pick Amanda up at the airport in about two hours. We will head over to help the Panns move. Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's tonight (I made some pretty cute mini apple cranberry pies). Got some peeps coming over for the Seahawks game tomorrow. End of weekend.
12 comments:
We're moving! And stressing out! And moving some more! And double stressing out! The moms are involved in this move, so they'll unpack all of our decorative stuff, ignore the rest, and start putting up pictures in exactly the place they don't belong. I wish you could be here for the madness:)
Cask beer, btw, is small batch beer. "More handcrafted", John-the-beer-snob said. It's not carbonated, it's pumped.
oh man, I wish I could help you too - I swear I'd unpack unfun things like glassware and put together ikea furniture. In exchange for cask beer, of course ;)
Ahh plans... find a job??? HAHA!
I think a sunday brunch at the Rampart is in order and perhaps a dip in the pool if it gets above 65 this weekend. Rough, I know!
Hope the haircut goes well! Don't worry, Mary won't hate you! :)
That was an excellent morning chat. I was in a huge blog funk for awhile too...like massive writers block. Plus I have so major blog drama going on that I will have to fill you in on. I love the new page design! I wish I was a graphic designer!!
My weekend plans: drink some of that cask beer with you kids tonight (lord keep me under control, benefit of natural carbonization=drink more=shitty morning to follow!) Saturday I am going to OCD clean my kitchen in my apartment...it is starting to scare me, and then going curling with my work. Sunday I am going with some people to a REDSKINS game!! So excited for that one!
In other news, I am probably going to have to make a voyage out to Michael's sometime soon to get some crafty stuff for a project at work (love my job)..I might drag you with me.
and by "might" drag me with you, you mean you will, of course! I will start compiling my master Michael's shopping list.
I've heard curling is SO fun, and I can't wait to hear about blog drama tonight over cask beer :)
We must be in charge of making sure neither one of us gets to blitzed! I have to be fresh-faced for my haircut tomorrow :)
I once took a three week break from blogging - and it was awesome. Like, in that time I really missed doing it, and I came back with a lot of ideas and projects. It was very refreshing.
Don't be afraid to take a break every once and awhile - lots of bloggers do! I think it's a form of blogging "self care."
-Jenna
Yeah, like taking a blog "personal week"! Good call :)
I can't believe that pot pie is winning over shepards pie! shepards pie is the food of the gods people!!!
this weekend:
tonight - Pixies concert at paramount, stay up till 4 packing and stressing about moving
tomorrow - Move to the new house! drink beer (probably not cask beer)
Sunday - clean old apt, unpack new house.
Full weekend, JBL! (I am secretly hoping your unpacking session turns into a fun josiane/megan/john date).
Andy and I area going to a pizza partay tonight...spa day tomorrow at Bonneville hot springs and then printmaking and a thanksgiving celebration on Sunday! This weekend rocks!
Much love and ENJOY THE PIE, YO!
xo,
M and And
Big weekend...
Got to celebrate with Brandon being done with Chemo last night. Heading to the brewery to help brew some beer (double batch of Jive Espresso Stout) in about 5 minutes. I pick Amanda up at the airport in about two hours. We will head over to help the Panns move. Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's tonight (I made some pretty cute mini apple cranberry pies). Got some peeps coming over for the Seahawks game tomorrow. End of weekend.
mini apple cranberry pies!?!? Hello, why don't you have a blog too? Take pics!!
Post a Comment