Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekday Dinners

I haven't been posting many recipes lately but I swear we've been cooking! It's just that now that we both have work/school we've scaled our dinners back to more basic, less time-consuming stuff. I think we've still managed to eat awesome though :)

Just recently we've started to add "StirFriday" to our week (in addition to Taco Tuesday). Stir-fry is an old stand-by. I know there isn't really a whole lot earth-shattering about this recipe but this one has a bit of a twist in that it calls for orange juice and ginger to fancy things up. I really liked it, and would probably do it again adding a few more veggies. {directions on RecipeMogul}


Add this to the list of bajilion reasons why I am such a lucky girl: my man made this awesome pineapple curry chicken for us! It was really good, and thinking about it is totally making me want it again. If the cohab keeps making all these awesome dinners he's going to get stuck doing all the cooking! {similar to this recipe but sans peppers but added cabbage and sour cream}



One last stand-by that I pretty much make ALL the time: spaghetti/bolognese sauce. I don't really have a recipe for this since I start with this bolognese recipe and then add/subtract depending on how I want the sauce. I pretty much just add things until I think it tastes/looks right. I make A TON (obvs) and then freeze the rest for later and it's super handy on nights we don't want to cook. Danget, I've loved spag since I was like...8. It was my favorite thing to order. It's still awesome.

PS. Can you tell which pic was taken with the new nikon? Yeah, so much fancier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weeknight cooking is the worst! I'm amazed that you put together stuff as complicated as pasta sauce from scratch - I usually eat two fried eggs and some spinach and then I'm done.

mansionmogul said...

omg, Fried Eggs are my new favorite thing. They're so underrated!

Molly said...

fried eggs are my current fave too! It all looks delicious!