Monday, March 15, 2010

Bahamas Pt II: "Rum Runners"

Sometimes you just want to go where everybody knows your name. Or where there are beverages served in coconuts and 2-for-$5 Kaliks. Keene and I stumbled upon a little place in Lucaya called "Rum Runners," and we didn't let a day go by without hanging out there. It was a place where Spring Breakers and Time Sharin' Retirees could co-mingle, and enjoy a tasty beverage. A place where I got a slight sunburn from sitting in the sun with my daiquiris. Also a great place to people watch as it was right there in the middle of the marketplace. I got to have my neighborhood watch even in the Bahamas!

This is how you make a coconut cup, Island-style: with a machete!

Do you like pina coladas?

Serious face!

Bar graffiti: "Seahawks NFC Champions 2005 - ?"

"Got conch?"

Lucaya Marketplace - not on a cruise ship day - delightfully quiet.

Bathroom at Rum Runners - who would flush a pad? Put it in the Garage, ladies! Jeez.

4 comments:

Keene said...

See the old lady over my shoulder? That big bag is so she can carry around all her various medicines and old people creams and life alerts and whatnot.

Molly said...

Give me that pina colada right NOW! Love the garage sign...so helpful!

HBIC said...

When I looked at the marketplace picture I literally felt heat from the sun on my face. I am soooooo jealous of you.

mansionmogul said...

isn't sunshine GLORIOUS!?! I'm jealous of me too.