Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bahamas, Pt IV: Taste the Rainbow

Y'all, I do a lot of things "for the sake of the blog." Like make huge sacrifices and get out of my comfort zone. Like do everything I can to make sure I have one umbrella drink for every color of the rainbow while on vacation. It's ok, you don't have to thank me. The sense of inner fulfillment I get from helping others is priceless! :)

I call this, the "Daiquiri Flight"...

Red: Strawberry Daiquiri from Run Runners. It was deeelightful.

Orange: Mai Tai from the bar at Taino Beach.

I'm luvin' it!

Yellow: a "Yellow Bird" from our hotel bar on the marina. Free with our complimentary drink tickets!

It was not my fave - it was waaay sugary. Here it is with it's friend, the "Bahama Mama". I had a few of these on vacation too...red drinks are easy to find.

My first attempt at Green: Margarita from Rum Runners. It was more of a light lime color.

I didn't think the margarita counted so I ordered a "green drink", and this is what I got: a medley of sugar and alcohol and food coloring!

It was yummy.

Blue: ordered a "blue hole" - yep, it was blue! Keene got a "dolphin kiss"...awww...

I swear I didn't drink all these in one day! I was just wearing this shirt a lot.

Purple: kindof a fail. This was more of a swamp color than anything else. It was tasty but I don't think it really counts. I'm still chasin' the rainbow!

Not really even close to "purple"

White: I think this was my favorite of all, the pina colada. SO delicious! Drinks are just better in coconuts. I wish my morning coffee came in a coconut.

I told Keene he looked too much like a law student and should roll his sleeves up already.

Much more Island-style :)

So that purple drink is going to drive me crazy. Is there a known purple drink that I should order next time (oh yes, there will be a next time)? Overall I think I did pretty well though. You gotta have goals!

3 comments:

Megan said...

It's not an island drink, but a grape nehi is purple! So's a black opal :)

mansionmogul said...

Perfect! I think to make up for this missing purple drink I will only drink purple beverages on the Vegas trip.

Anonymous said...

Bahama Mama + Blue Hole = Purple Bahama Hole?
-ish