Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A Story of Many Mansions.

I just heard about this fascinating tale of mansions thanks to my girl, Alicia...did you know that there's a 103 y.o. lady named Hugette Clark who has a ton of mansions but no one has seen her in forever? Where IS she? Read and see more of "The Clarks: An American story of wealth, scandal and mystery" on MSNBC. Hugette, if someone is reading this blog to you right now, I'd be more than happy to be the next live-in caretaker for one of your lovely estates!


"Le Beau Château," one of her homes in New Canaan, Conn.


What I would give to tour her NY penthouse...o.m.g. This Fifth Avenue manse overlooks Central Park. It has 42 rooms, 15,000 square feet, the 8th floor and half the 12th worth $100 million. I just fainted.


The Clark home in Santa Barbara, "Bellosguardo."

This is Hugette in white, with her sister and father, William A. Clark. On the right is Hugette in her early 20's. She looks like a super classy lady.

I wonder if I'm a distant-distant descendant of the Clarks? Boo-ya! I totally want to live to be 104, mysterious and with a portfolio of gorgeous properties. That would kick ass.

(Annie: this story could be of particular interest to you, since it has some old timey Butte gossip!)

No comments: