Y'all, this weekend was fab-u-lous. Damn. Friday I ambushed Keene and convinced him that instead of running errands we were going to go to Mr. Henry's to have beer and wings. Great idea! Glad I thought of it! Then Saturday we ran around gathering up all the ingredients for our bbq, which included: carne asada and portabellos from Eastern Market, a giant fruit salad and a giant greek salad. Woo! It was super to have people over and hang out on our deck. That carne from the market is to die for. Seriously. We still have 2 steaks left (yesssssss).
Sunday, of course: Easter Brunch. This year we went back to Georgia Brown's, a favorite, and it did not disappoint. They have a really good buffet on Easter and a jazz band. They rocked - I was dancin' in my seat. And eating lots of bacon dipped in syrup. That's right. Jealous? Oh and they have the best bloody mary's. They're only for the hardcore bloody drinkers though: super spicy and they come with a jumbo shrimp - you should've seen the look on the 8 year old girl's face who was sitting next to us - she was freaked out by them. Hilarious.
I got the nice valet dudes at GB's to take a picture of us. So. Full. Here.
After brunch we had to walk off some of the half ton of food we ate, so we strolled down to The White House - the guards were making everyone move back though... I thought for sure we'd see something cool like...The PRESIDENT...or something, but they just moved a bunch of cars around. I mean, *maybe* the first family was in one of them?
Attempt at our Easter White House picture. I kept trying to get someone to get my cute shoes in there, but...no dice. (these are the shoes btw if you care)
One of the best mansions in America. You can see the monument all itty bitty on the left there.
I changed into more realistic shoes for the walk home and dayum, the magnolia trees are bloomin'! This one was awesome.
Tulips (duh!) just with my point-and-shoot but still blog-worthy, I thought.
Looks like the Easter Bunny stopped by this house!
I couldn't help taking a picture of this cute house too - I love the weeping-willow-style cherry trees. So pretty. Sigh....
The weather is totally fabulous here. I still can't believe it! This weekend rocked. I hope yours did too, Y'all...
2 comments:
Those shoes are totally bangin'!
Thanks Gurl! I love them!
Post a Comment