Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A Little More Weekend Re-Cap for Ya...

More. Fun. Times. Did you know that you can fill entire months with just fun times? It's true!

First of all, last week I got to spend some time with another one of the cutest babies EVER: Oliver. My neighbors (we will be nabes again some day!) Tim and Carrie made an entire person in the time I was gone in DC last year! Anyway, I finally got to meet the little bugger and he is super cute. Can I get a witness? He's a gazer. He will gaze at you like that and then you'll be all: Heart = Melting. BAH! I'm really happy for my friends and their new addition.
So Oliver was an impossible act to follow but I did my best by going on a fancy date with my cohab. Keene made reservations at Cafe Campagne for us, and I was really excited. We've been talking about going there for a LONG time and finally got to try it out.

It was super hard to choose what to order because everything sounded awesome. We started with the escargot. If our faves from Montmare are a ten then these were a solid 8/9. A little more "earthy" and less buttery but in a good way...
I ordered the goat cheese baked on crustade - the goat cheese AND the bread were both fab. I also liked the salad along side it.
Keene got the green beans aka "hericots verts en salade" and besides the bacon the best part of this was the lemon vinaigrette. I'm going to attempt to re-create this but I'm not sure I'll be able to cook the beans as perfectly as these!
Here's my sauteed trout with lemon butter sauce - fabulous!
Keene's "Saucisson A La Maison" which was house-made sausage over greens (in butter, obvs). Really good!
After dinner we drove around and looked at some Queen Anne manses...*sigh*...who lives in those?!?! And we paused at Kerry Park to take some pics of the awesome view. Oh, Seattle...
The weekend fun only continued with 4th of July shenanigans...Josiane hosted a bbq again at her place this year. We chilled out at Woodland Park and grilled under the pop-up tent that thank GAWD the Logans brought or else we would've been soaked or had to leave. Stupid Seattle and it's rainy Summer we're having. Oh well we stuck it out like true hardcore Northwesterners and it cleared up in time for the fireworks from Josiane's roof. Huzzah!
I love this view.
BOOM BOOM BOOM
I LOVE IT
HAPPY BIRFDAY, AMERICA
I GOT YOU THIS RANDOM SOUNDTRACK TO THE FIREWORKS
My favorite holiday, indeed! Well, I think it's tied with New Years. Loved it! Hope all y'all had an awesome 4th o' July weekend. Signing off for now, I've got to go watch Burn Notice...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad to see Oliver got a shout out on the blog! Yeay!

mansionmogul said...

Hells yeah! O is too cute not to hollah at on the blog :)