Friday, July 02, 2010

Viva Las VEGAS, Baby.

Dang, somebody hasn't blogged in a long time! I'm super distracted by all the fun times is all :) So you can guess that the Vegas trip was rad, right? I came back a winner! I had so much fun with mah ladies - this yearly tradition keeps getting better and better. I wonder what next year will bring? Oregon? Canada? Stay tuned!

I started out the trip with two of my favorite traveling buddies: Kim n' Megan. We got a fabulous deal on hotel + airfare! Although warning: do NOT fly into Vegas during the day in 100+ temps. It equals massive turbulence and it is not good times!
Poor Kimmy, the turbulence sent her tummy into a total sickness and she wasn't able to hang with us that evening :( :( We were super sad. But we had to persevere, because y'know, Cher. Not the same without you though Kim! At least the Mirage had a comfy bed and free wifi for Kim to chill out and recover.

Megan and I had some pre-show apps at a restaurant in the Mirage, "Stack." Our waitress was from Puyallup! She was waaay too hot for Puyallup. Better she's in Vegas. We had $3 happy hour drinks and some of the fanciest looking pigs n' a blanket of all time. I liked the moodiness of the restaurant.
And then we were off to Cher! We had to take a break. Dang it is a long way through Caesar's.
I have crazy eyes for Cher. Omg and I freakin' LOVE what dry heat weather does for my hair.
CHEEEEEEEEER. We want Cher, We want Cher! Of course the show was amazingly over the top with rhinestones galore. My love for Cher and her voice and talent only grew. This is my 3rd Cher concert. Guess what she told us?? After September she's going back on tour! Dudes, I will be front and center. I wonder what she'll call it..."The Farewell Tour...foreals this time"?
And then guess who landed in the United States...? ANNIE!!! That's right, people, we were the first to greet her on American soil. What better way to move from Casablanca than by making a stop in Las Vegas first? Annie was hilariously excited about the fact that we can order BACON in this country and it was a bit of a shock for her to see all the scantily cladness running around after moving from a muslim country. We made sure she got introduced back to AMERICA in style. Even though she'd been up for over a day she still rallied and came out with us. Cuz that's now Annie rolls.
We got some Yardaritas. Wooo!
And wandered around. Ridiculous chandelier at the Mirage.
I was still somewhat fresh-faced enough for mirror pics in the hotel and champagne brunch the next morning! :)

No comments: