Monday, August 30, 2010

Remember when I used to blog?

It was a long time ago, like before the cohab and I went camping weeks ago, and before Blogger decided to charge $ and make you store your photos on picasa. Guess who's switching to Wordpress as soon as she can figure out how? I am soooo over blogger.

Sigh. Moving on! Lots has happened since my last post, including the cohab n' I went camping!

I present to you, our camp site:
Isn't it cute? And oh my, just a bit further from our site, was the "group site", which was breathtaking! You Guys: perfect spot for a giant camping trip! Just look at that view!
It even came complete with cool stumps.

We got ambitious one night and grilled chicken and asparagus - turned out soooo good! Maybe it was the Uno that we played I won that made it even better.

Lake Sylvia :)

Ok so you guys: one morning we thought we'd go for a walk on some of the trails. Turns out it was a much longer walk than anticipated! It was totally worth it though - we ran into some cool stuff, like this blade from the old saw mill with a tree growing around it.

This was where we got a bit concerned. Thanks so much, helpful signage.

Go towards the light!

Peace to the forest!

Organic lace :)

Not lost yet. We're still confident.

Pretty...

Orangutan-esque moss...

a wee little fern. I got arty farty.

Fungus amungus!

The camping "look"

bells

there be the damn!

Thistle. Say it with me: "thistle". It's fun to say isn't it?

Omg guys I want to go back right now! It was so quiet and peaceful out there. I love that campfire smell. In fact, I think my hair STILL smells like it.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Good grief, I'm glad you're back!!!

Carrie said...

Blogger is charging? I don't think I have been notified. Also, you know you can post photos directly from flickr... although if you are using a stock photo, I suppose that doesn't help.

BTW I haven't been camping in years and your photos make me want to go!

mansionmogul said...

Once you use up a certain amount of space, they make you pay for more on picasa. Yeah, flickr links are getting me through at the moment. Flickr lifesaver!

Molly said...

Blogger isn't charging me...hmmm....and yikes! L

Love the pics. You look amazing!

mansionmogul said...

Thanks Molls! Blogger only charges you if you're using the new version, "Blogger: In Draft" and if you run out of space on picasa where it stores the pics. You should be fine for now :) And it really only charges you $5 for more space. I'm stubborn!