Wednesday, November 24, 2010

*Eat*Pray*Love* in Barcelona

Ok so getting out of France was a bit tricky given their stupid train strike. WTH, France? But they put us on a bus with a gang of college-age American kids and their backpacks and eventually we all made it safe and sound into Spain. I think our bus driver wasn't accustomed to driving this route though...I didn't quite capture it, but let me tell you there was less than an inch to spare between our bus and all the smart cars lining this street:

He ended up scraping the bus against some concrete planters upon parking. Oh well, no biggie! Who cares anyway, we made it to Barcelona!

There were two posters that were ALL UP IN SPAIN while we were there:
"Amigos" vs "Enemigos"

Seriously, Enemigos everywhere.

And stupid Eat, Pray Love:

Terrible movie! The book was waaaaaaaaay better. Even better than the book though = reality!

I think Keene captured Julia's essence a lot better than I did. PS. Pretty sure we were eating mango and tiramisu gelato. I think...for sure it was really good!

Did I mention we stayed at the "B Hotel"? How could I resist anything with a "B"? It didn't warm up quite enough for us to go in this rooftop pool, but it looked divine!

I would totally stay here again, because it was super convenient and a good value.

Although unlike all our other hotels, the bed was lame! I was yearning for the old skool German memory foam...

This is called SUNSHINE, Seattle.

A picture that doesn't at all capture our awesome first meal in Barcelona:

The fish had seasonal mushrooms on top in a cream sauce. We decided we could've eaten an entire meal of just these mushrooms!

Stay tuned for more Barcelona... :)

3 comments:

Keene said...

You needed more whimsy with your gelato. ;)

Also, those mushrooms were crazy awesome. Seriously, the fish was just an add-on as far as I was concerned, mushrooms were far and away the star of that show.

mansionmogul said...

You're right Honey - I should've been "smiling with my eyes" more like you were ;)

Paula Skarr Photography said...

'B' is for BANGIN'!