Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Over!!!

I barely survived. And we don't even have kids. And we didn't even host anything. Ack! Mom and Dad how did you do it?

I love my birthday but I swear every year with everything happening back-to-back it is just too much! I'm excited that next year will be my boring ole 31st and I will be able to just go to Burgermaster and rent a movie and call it a night.

I know you guys would never buy it if I told you I haven't been reading blogs over the holiday. LIES! I always find ways to read them. Books are for people who still have good eyesight! Pshaw! Anyway, here's some fun stuff I found around the web while in my holiday coma...

A "White Pom Gimlet" via CHS. I can barely think about alcohol still but I thought this drink looked "holiday" without being overly-so, right?

1.5 ounces Stoli White Pomegranik
3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
3/4 ounce simple syrup

Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with a basil leaf and pomegranate seeds.
---------
I'm not a mom, but I'm still amazed by moms like my friend, Carrie, who are finding the time to make their own baby food. It sounds so much healthier than Gerber and it looks pretty too! Check out how she does it on her blog here.

---------
I've only been engaged for less than a month and I can feel the insanity creeping in...love this post by "A Practical Wedding" about the reality of the "big day" and what to expect.
---------
Here's those felt balls again...I think it may be time for me to learn how to felt. {Felt ball garland via Craft}

---------
Would it be December without another "toadstool" craft? {via Craft again}

---------
Molly never fails to put awesome quotes on her blog:
"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you."
-Henry Ward Beecher
Ima try and live by this one a little more in 2011.
---------
And despite being exhausted...I still had a nice time this Christmas. A quick list of things I'm grateful for:
My Family, and my soon-to-be Family.
My Fiance. It was so fun to go to all the Holiday gatherings as newly engaged :)
My Friends.
Our home. I missed having one together - it was worth the wait!
Seattle. Thank you for not dumping snow on us this year, Seattle. I got a peek at the mountains a few times this month and they were breathtaking.

You guys ready for more Europe trip pics? Yeah. I still have lots more from Spain!!! New goal: be done blogging Europe before 2011...

No comments: