Thursday, February 03, 2011

Re: Ask MM, plain ole blog version

Catching up on some Ask MansionMogul questions! Thought I'd finally answer Wendi's great question about how to store jewelry. I happen to be trying to figure out the best way to do this as well, and in my research I've found a few ideas...

This crafty gal turned a tray into a fabulous jewelry-storage center of sorts:

Isn't it fantastic? All in one place :) {via a time for everything}

And here's some totally perfected shabby chic modern-ish picture frame DIYs:


{via}

Not only does Kendi Everyday have a fabulous "creating a working closet" post, but she's also showing off her cute Necklace Showcase. Wow!


And last but not least, here's the state of my jewelry/accessory organization right now:

The cute spotted little bag on the top shelf was a MOH gift from Wendi for her wedding, and it's a perfect spot to keep my scarves. The white beaded bag hanging from the shelf was given to me by my Gram and I love that I can see it every day. My headbands are hanging from stick-on hooks from the hardware store, and my mismatched shelves are ikea and container store buys. Everything else is loosely organized in all my pots and jars.
I made this earring holder out of a wall mirror. I cut some of that tacky drawer liner and simply taped it to the mirror inside the frame with that foam double-sided tape. Easy!

I still have to figure out a way to store my necklaces. As much as I love the "showcases", I hate how dusty and tarnished they get when they're out in the open. Anyone have ideas for storing necklaces tucked away that would still make sure they don't get tangled?

So sure you could go buy yourself a big ole made in china jewelry box, but how much more fun are these? And then everyone can see all your cool baubles on display :)

1 comment:

Paula Skarr Photography said...

I heart that you've got the Snooki glasses rockin' it in your organization :)