Check it out: it's Perfume Pretty Barbie. I had her and I think I had Perfume Giving Ken, and my nabes had Perfume Pretty Whitney.

I think my neighbor had Peaches n' Cream Barbie...
ONE of my friends had this "Magic Moves Barbie" fo' sho. I remember that giant aqua fur thing...
My nabes had "Loving You Barbie" - remember this outfit?!?
I VIVIDLY remember this necklace. It was, in my mind, a really awesome piece. I thought I'd scored big with this bling.
I had "Day to Night Barbie", "Crystal Barbie", and I know a friend had the one on the far right, "Dream Glow Barbie". I was jealous.
Barbie and the Rockers! I think I had the pink one, and Shannon had the Red Headed one and that Ken. Or maybe Shannon had all of these. We might've mixed Jem and Barbies back then. So wrong!
I don't know why I was soooo into Barbies, really. Maybe it was the outfits? We always made up elaborate General-Hospital-style stories for our Barbies. And we'd spend DAY 1 of Playing Barbies just setting up "Barbie's Apartment". Good times.
2 comments:
I never played with Barbies, but my neighbs back in the day was obsessed with them! Anytime I had a b-day party and someone who didn't know me well got me a Barbie, my neighbor friend got them all. Lucky her. :-D
Dang, Girl, if only we'd been neighbors back in the day!
Post a Comment