Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sweet Fairytale Weddin'

The whole reason for our California trip last weekend was to see my cousin (1st cousin, once removed, to be exact - I wiki'd it!) get married to the love of his life. It was so adorable. The ceremony was at "The Church Built from One Tree" - named, obvs, because it was built from just one redwood tree! Pretty cool, huh?
This was a HUGE wedding! Lots of people there, which was great to see. They have a lot of family and friends supporting them :)
Who doesn't love stained glass?
It was an absolutely perfect sunny day and the light filtered in through the windows - very pretty.
My other cousin, Rachel, sang at the beginning of the ceremony. The song was written by the bride's father (I think) and she did a lovely job singing!
They were so excited and were beaming the whole time!
See what I mean about the weather? It was probably about 75/80 degrees.
Here we are! Thanks Dad for taking this picture. I had soooo much fun with my cousins (and 2nd cousins!) that I forgot to take any pictures with them. DUH! Sometimes I just try and enjoy myself and not be so hyper vigilant about picture taking. Although I really wish I'd caught some of all of us. It's been at least a decade since I saw most of them. It was like yesterday though! Can't wait for another trip down to Cali to visit. Maybe next time we can all go to Disneyland again. LOVE going there.
:) I'm so glad we made this trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ditto, ditto! - d