Wednesday, July 06, 2011

On to San Francisco...

Oh wait, what's that?
Peeking through the fog just as it should on a typical San Fran day...I'd seen it before but never driven across it!
Pictures from the car! Always come out professional.
Compared to Santa Rosa, this city felt like an entirely different country! And it was fabulous, because we rolled in right after the Pride Parade had ended in that fine city. All colors of stray feathers missing from boas were floating around the place!

After some Manewelry shopping (man jewelry, and yes, we found one he likes!) we hopped on a CABLE CAR. Holler! Apparently this is the only "transit system" listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
See how it rolls on down here to the end of the line, then they rotate it on this wooden rotating spot? Pretty neat.
Historic Landmark although apparently not protected from billboards advertising vacation destinations. Classy!
Keene was the brave one and was a "Standee", riding on the outside of the car Like a Boss!
He said it was pretty fun. Kinda like a gentle roller coaster? I know his law brain was all "liability liability liability....but not my problem haha"...
My best attempt at a self-portrait without putting my camera in danger of falling off the cable car...
Ignore this chick who thought I was taking a picture of her. (sorry, Stranger! You're on my blog now! All 5 readers can see you!). Anyway, see the view back there? It was a pretty great way to get the feel of cool San Fransisco.
I took this video for Y'all so you could get the real experience. Also, why is it I've always got to be the one to start the "Woo"?!


And then we went to the Fisherman's Terminal (not to be confused with the Wharf - this was much cooler than that hot mess). I took a picture of this fountain because I thought it was the most heinous fountain sculpture I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of ugly sculpture.
My last day in San Fran I had big plans. But then I got back to the hotel and had this glass of Rose and ate some Ghirardelli chocolates and watched a movie instead. I'm lazy. Also it won't be my last trip to San Fran!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip!!

~P