Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Entertaining n' Stuff

A while back (before I had a job AND school on the agenda), I decided it would be brilliant to host a bachelorette party and then a ladies lunch the very next day. Hu-whaaa? Nawh, it actually all went smoothly and was a lot of fun.

Saturday night: hosting the starting line for the bachelorette party:
I made this Apple Cinnamon Sangria but without some of the fussiness (used more schnapps, didn't let it sit for 4 hours, skipped the "pisco" and honey). I tried to emulate this picture with my apples, but of course it doesn't look quite as perfect. Still cute though, I thought!
Of course we could not forget the obligatory laundry line of panties for the bride. We filed this entire line up with (mostly) impractical underwears :)
Good times were had by all. I know this, because I was a DD and have perfect memory of it all, which was delightful!

Sunday I hosted my first grown-up lunch for The Ladies. It was so much fun! I felt like a real grown-up lady. It was fun to give them all a tour of our house and catch up. It was also the perfect excuse for me to finally buy some of these French Macaroons from Le RĂªve. They were a total hit...
I also got a Tuxedo Cake from Macrina and it was seriously good, You Guys. We have over half of it left so if you want to come over and have some please do so!!!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you so much for hosting the bachelorette party! It was fabulous:)

mansionmogul said...

Yes and the Bridal Shower you hosted earlier in the day was lovely!!! :)

Victoria Pann said...

It was good to see you at the shower. And I think your sangria photo looks better than the one you were trying to emulate.

mansionmogul said...

Thank you Victoria! It was so great to get a tour of the Pann household!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I had a DOUBLE CRUSTED Apple Pie from Macrina last week and it was kiiiinda the best thing that I've ever had in my whole life :)

What fun parties! Everything looked faaaabulous :)

~Paula~

mansionmogul said...

Macrina is AMAZEBALLS. The cake I got was so rich that The Ladies barely made a dent. I had to take it to work because it would've been lame to not eat it! So good!