2011 isn't quite over yet, so I know there will be more in store, but I wanted to share my Happiest Moments of 2011 and ask you to share with me yours as well in the comments (it makes me smile hearing your stories too!).
1. Palo Alto.
I got to tag along on K's business trip to Palo and I got high off the sunshine - it was glorious weather in the dead of January! Something this sun-starved Seattleite was dying for.
2. When we got Pearl.
Oh happy day when we added that quirky mutt to our family!
3. Cali for my cousin's wedding.
I hadn't seen my cousins for almost a decade, it was so fantastic to see them and it felt like no time had passed at all. They had a beautiful, romantic fun wedding too.
4. Seeing my sister graduate college.
Duh, this was awesome. So proud of her!
5. 4th of July.
I don't have documentation of it, but this year we got to watch the 4th of July fireworks from a houseboat on Lake Union. It was the best 4th we've had in years!!!
5. When Keene won his first big case.
He worked really hard for months and it was so exciting when all that hard work paid off :)
6. Pittsburgh.
So cool to see my friend in her new city! P'burgh was such a fun town to explore and it was fabulous to hang with my friend.
7. I got a job!
Woo! Goes without saying, this came out of left field and I couldn't be happier. I'm so lucky.
8. I hit my weight-loss goal!
This one was less luck and more time and dedication. Lots of time, and some dedication ;)
Fun looking back at my 2010, 2009, and 2008 Highlights....what are YOUR happiest moments of 2011? Let me know if the comments!
6 comments:
Most of mine are baby related - first steps, playing at the Green Lake wading pool, cuddles while reading books before bed. :-)
Graduating from Grad School :)
~P
1. Getting Copper is definitely at the top of my list- he makes every day even more interesting.
2. Having dinner at Canlis with John on our anniversary. In the middle of our dinner, another couple walked in and sat down at the table next to us. They had just eloped, and you could tell by the way they were glowing. It was fabulous to sit there and chat with such a happy couple.
3. The fence party. Well, the end of it. It was amazing to sit there on our deck with all of our friends, drinking beers and looking at the fruits of our labor- it made me really grateful that I have such awesome friends!
4. Seeing the Orcas off of Alki- they were so close and it was so great to be able to be right there to see them!
5. Hiking with John and Copper at Mount Rainier. It was gorgeous, and nothing makes me feel more relaxed than just chillin' in the woods.
Oh yeah, and I totally agree with 4th of July! It totally could not have been more gorgeous. Everyone looked like they were part of a Ralph Lauren photo shoot, too.
I think one of my happiest moments was having the hailstorm come and put out the forest fire. I wasn't too eager to have to jump into the lake while it burned past us.
Happy to hear that Keene won his case. How rewarding to have all that work pay off. Pearl looks like a sweet dog, eager to meet her. Yay for you getting a job and making weight goal!
It was fun to see you at Amanda's wedding.
Fun to see you too Victoria! Loved your feathered sweater!
Post a Comment