Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year :)

Well, let's just say I'm real glad the holidays this year landed in a way that gave us Monday off of work. We spent today cleaning and being happy about our party on NYE. Lots of friends came over and it was a good time. We all walked to the park before midnight (a little stumbling parade of party hats and noise makers...joined by others who were on their way!) and watched the Space Needle fireworks.

Thankfully this cool person took a pretty good video - I was a little too focused on "wooooo"-ing to document:

Some pics from the beginning of the night:

For the early arrivals we had some Chambord Champagne - a great start!
The "tablescape" all ready to get some food on it.
Many thanks to Wendi for bringing over our NYE "flair" and helping make everything look spectacular.
I had fun making our chandelier 2012-i-fied...
I staged the End-of-the-Year-CDs on our coffee table, as well as some of "Annie's International Gifts and Treasures to share" (she was the unofficial Guest of Honor - Manilla was a long way to travel from - we were stoked to have her here!). And don't worry Michigan we received your CDs and I gathered up a batch to send your way!
I made these Peanut Butter Bon Bons (thanks again to Wendi for all the help) and I think they turned out pretty tasty. They were a bit labor intensive though so I'd need some strong encouragement if I was going to do that again...
Mom - the drink tower came in handy again. I didn't think we'd have any need for ANOTHER cocktail around but this thing is endlessly popular when there's water in it. What can I say, people like water. So we had two kinds.
I felt kindof indulgent when I bought this $10 ice bucket at Fred Meyer. But it's paid for itself since we've used it at just about every party since.
Riveting discussions, I'm sure :)
An end-of-the-night arty farty photo by Paula - I like how fancy this Chambord looks :)
Y'All it was a great time. I freakin' love this holiday. To 2012, and Sober January. CHEERS! Mwah!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Love your tablescape! So festive!! AND your outfit is adorbs if I must say so. Joining you for Sober January. It's part of my weight loss efforts (but I am sure my liver appreciates it as well)!

mansionmogul said...

Thanks Drew! (the dress has a big bow in the back, I think you'd approve :) ). Glad to have you join in SJanuary! I thought it was a great start for last year so glad folks are on-board again.

Megan said...

I had a BALL! Thanks so much for hosting! The happiest of New Years to you:)