Monday, February 23, 2009

Tourists/Date Saturday

Saturday we made a pilgrimage out to Arlington to try some chicken from this place that had been on Anthony Bourdain's show. It was real good. Except that we each ate half a chicken and that was dumb of us. But it was real good. Then we headed out to visit Mr. Lincoln, and it was pretty cool. Caught part of the talk from a park ranger and learned some nice factoids about the memorial. I love our date Saturdays! I know some day we'll be back in Seattle we won't have as much time for date Saturdays, so I'm really relishing every moment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of Date Saturdays! That is the nicest idea - especially if you get to try food that Anthony Bourdain recommends!

mansionmogul said...

Yeah somehow they always involve eating mass quantities of food...could have something to do with the fun factor!

Wendio said...

That is a fantastic pic of you and Keene! I love Date Saturdays - you should always do them!

When you come to visit we will have to do a Date Saturday/Fancy Date perhaps????

mansionmogul said...

Indeed! Any excuse to wear some ridiculous heels in Vegas!

Dmbosstone said...

My intern was watching No Reservations DC in my office and he wanted to find out where that chicken place was. I just looked it up and it's only .4 miles away. It sounds like it was good by your post.