Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Yummy Turkey Salisbury Steaks

After cooking throughout this year, I've realzied something that's very desirable in a recipe: when it's mostly made up of ingredients that can be kept in the pantry or the freezer. We don't always have time to perfectly schedule what days we'll cook, or what our needs will be. Things come up, schedules change, snowpocolypse happens and having flexible recipes is so much easier. I love buying fresh ingredients, but if I have a majority of things in my kitchen already, then it really cuts down on the amount of shopping trips and waste. It may not be fancy, but it's cheaper and faster! {salisbury steaks on recipemogul}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this (w/ beef 'cause I had it in the freezer) and it was super yummy! I accidently added too much tomato paste, and it still turned out (but I will use the correct amount next time), thanks for another great recipe!
Ish

mansionmogul said...

Woo-hoo! I thought they'd be good with beef too. I also added a litte more than was called for of the tomato paste - and I think I'll scale it back by about half next time.