Thursday, April 09, 2009

AOTD & Randomness

If you live in LA and you're not going to The Grilled Cheese Invitational, then you should get your head checked. "On April 25th, the molten seas of melted cheese and bits of bread will part and all that will remain will be the few, the proud, the Grilled Cheese Champions". Admission is $5, and you get all the grilled cheese you can eat.
______________________________________________
"Worst Tagline Ever," via Wooster Collective.
______________________________________________
"Steal This Idea" - hang a poster with skirt hangers, via Shelterrific.
______________________________________________
A cherry-blossoms-inspired craft: tulle flowers. Would make a fab centerpiece. via Craftzine.

______________________________________________
Speaking of blossoms, reminds me of this AOTD: "Umbrella Boom" from Sam Spenser. via Wooster Collective.


______________________________________________
...which reminds me of the awesome stuff these "Guerrilla Gardeners" are up to. via Craftzine.

8 comments:

Amanda Sue said...

The hanger frame is neat...I might steal it!

mansionmogul said...

'tis meant to be stolen! Horray!

megan said...

I have used the hanger idea in my classroom for posters that need to be rotated, but I never thought of it for home use. I have that EXACT poster, so that look will be in our spare bedroom this evening!

mansionmogul said...

how cool is that - you can have your artwork hung like, instantly! And you can swap it out - rad.

Paula Skarr Photography said...

OMG, I'm TOTALLY craving grilled cheese now!! Thank jeeeeebus I still have some cheese left over from the Tillamuck Cheese Factory :)

mansionmogul said...

I too, am making a Tillamuck grilled chee tonight!

casablancalady said...

Wow! The Grilled Cheese Competition sounds like my own personal heaven. There are no words to describe how badly I want to be a judge. Also, I could really go for a Tillamook grilled cheese sammich right now. That will be Task #1 upon my return to Seattle this summer.

mansionmogul said...

Reach for your dreams, Annie! I think we should definitely make a trip there for your bday one year, to celebrate your way!