1. Being in pajamas.
2. Christmas music, or any music really.
3. Reading (helps me before bed).
4. Watching tv (obvs) - tv is "bad", I know. But it totally helps me zone out and decompress. I love my stories.
5. Crafting - things that take concentration but not too much. I'm thinking of making more snowflakes this weekend and turning them into a snowflake curtain.
6. Soft lighting.
7. Tea, coco, coffee - warm hot drinks.
8. Deep breaths.
9. Eating well - at the same time, comfort food can do wonders.
10. I admit, working out helps sometimes. Yesterday I was really missing "powersculpt" class.
Ok guys, I need some more tips! What are your ways of de-stressing?
Snowflake Curtain that I will de-stress with this weekend.

ps. Check out Annie's Hot Manse post from Lisbon!
I want to go to there.
8 comments:
-Comfort foods
-Naps
-Getting out of the city!!!
-Sports (really any outside activity)
-Hiking (see above)
-Getting out of the city
-Motorcycle ride
Um i think you guys are missing a big one here.....booze
or i should say in the spirit of the season - hoilday libations!
you get cold and stressed out, whats better than a hot toddy, or a hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, or just some peppermint schnapps.
1. Reading Wayne Dyer (his books on tape are in my car when I'm ready to hit the panic button!) Really, he's an amazing speaker about the Tao...calming.
2. Working out...walking around the 'hood or intense cardio. Yoga too.
3. Take a chunk o' time to write down what you're grateful for (don't laugh!) it always gives me instant perspective of the positives. I even write down stuff that hasn't even happened yet-things I'm looking forward to. This is the most effective tip, imho, for de-stressin, chickadee!
4. Reach out to friends for reminders of how awesome you are-hey, you're awesome, lady!
5. Spike that cocoa with Baileys.
Best of luck, lass. You rock!
What makes me feel better is television references made in every day conversation/blog posts about some of my favorite shows! Weirdsies!
When a little does of meds isn't doing it, I try:
- Working out, long walk, swimming
- Napping
- Spa Pedicure
- Shopping (retail therapy!)
- Playing with Dahlia
By the way, TV isn't bad- the glorious Michelle Obama admits that she has to allow herself some trashy TV every now and then just to de-stress. Hey, if it's good enough for the First Lady...
A nice 'ol glass of wine is good too for de-stressing! With underpants dances to follow ;)
PARTY MUSIC!!!
Post a Comment