Monday, January 11, 2010

More of the January Slump

It is 29 degrees this morning which is feeling quite toasty compared to the last two weeks! OMG you guys, I am soooo looking forward to the day THAT UGLY SNOW PILE that I have passed every day since BEFORE we left for xmas is finally melted. Coming from Seattle I don't think I've ever seen a snow pile last for more than 3 days straight.

So with this whole "diet" thing (I hate to call it a diet because really it's just "stop eating and drinking like a damn fool all the time") I have been struggling to come up with different ways to deal with life when I'm bummed out. My old stand-by of "make something yummy" isn't there any more. But you know what? January has really gotten me down and sometimes you just have to say "screw that". And brownies were on sale at Safeway for $1.99.

So I took this:


And added these:


And then I had a brownie. I've been craving a brownie for about 2 weeks now. I hardly ever crave sweets so when I do I think I really must want it. I poured some rum over this brownie too. I wish I'd had some ice cream to go with it but then again I think it's a good thing we didn't have any.

I really do feel happier today. Fancy that!

6 comments:

Megan said...

When you want it for two weeks, I think it really is more of a need than a want! :):):)

mansionmogul said...

WORD!!!

JBL4 said...

so this might sound wierd but next time you need some brownie action use apple sauce instead of oil when making them....that way you get your brownie fix and they are better for you. Also i have no idea why i know about this.....but i do.

mansionmogul said...

I know why you know that - because you're a Pann now! :) Good tip :)

Megan said...

BAHAHAHAHA!

Kim said...

Oh gurl, I LOVE that you poured rum on top! That's the Brooke I know and love!