Friday, February 12, 2010

List & Comment Friday: Old Loves

There's something special about being twelve years old. I am not really a "kid person" but one of my favorite experiences was being a camp counselor for fifth graders. Fifth graders are just old enough to get that they are funny but not too old to enjoy the best things in life.

Things I love love loved when I was twelve:
(ok so I still love all these things)
*Lisa Frank stickers (also "fuzzies", "scratch n' sniff", and "sparkly")

*Disney preview channel week
*Pentels

*Labyrinth

*Troll dolls

*Uno
*Stretch pants
*Headbands, Perms
*My teachers
*My cul-de-sac, my neighbors
*Waterballoon fights
*Summer
*Back to the Future

*My unicorn pencil box (still have it!)
*"Shoop" by Salt n' Pepa
--
Now it's your turn, guys. What were some of your faves at twelve?

10 comments:

HBIC said...

So before looking at your list, I thought of mine. Wanna know something great? I have the EXACT same list minus the unicorn pencil box. Instead it's a general craft box.

Wendio said...

Oh MAN ... you made the best list! I have to completely second all of those items and perhaps add in:

Crafts that included 1.glitter such as embossing with stamps OR 2. Friendship bracelet string

New Kids On The Block... had their poster in my bedroom

PE (remember when physical activity was something you looked forward to) - especially when we got to play with the scooters

As I start to think back about all the 'little kid' stuff I used to like, I realize I actually still like most of it but never take the time to play! Perhaps I will get some of that back as Dahlia grows up!

mansionmogul said...

Court: remember how many times we watched B2daFuture taped off tv?

Wendi: I forgot about embossing and friendship bracelets! I can honestly say I never loved PE though...

Megan said...

How did puffy paint not make anyone's list? :)

mansionmogul said...

BAH! Holy hell - how could I forget about that?!?! Oh and slip n' slides!

Paula Skarr Photography said...

OMG, I totally did "Shoop" at a karaoke birthday party a couple weekends ago . . . Dennis may have captured it all on video!

Wendio said...

OOH - and SLAP Bracelets!

Shannon said...

Puffy paint! Yes! And I'm totally with you on the Pentels. Ooh--I have a good one: Laffy Taffy! Brooke, you were such an entrepreneur. Or maybe Wendi was an influence there?

mansionmogul said...

I think A&D Market was a HUGE influence there.

Malaka Gharib said...

American girl magazines, paper dolls, catalogs, books!

Those Klutz books that taught you how to do cats' cradle!