Monday, February 08, 2010

Not sure if you heard, but DC got some snow...

Snomageddon (or snogasm, snovechkin, snohedidnt, snowmaGetItOn, snowF**kYourself, "the white death", and GroceryStore thunderdome) went down this weekend just as they'd predicted starting Friday evening.

The Re-Cap:








Stacked up on the windowsill.


Well, well, well, look who is covered in snow? Phantom tree!

Our front "snow garden".

Ice clingin' to our window screen.

This one is for Wendi: "Could I BE wearin' any more clothes"?!?!

On Saturday we bundled up A LOT and walked down to the foot of the Capitol. It was really pretty but I didn't have my good camera with me. Bummer! Just picture 2 feet of snow, lots of dogs and kids and people and snow plows. Thankfully our faithful corner store still had wine and beer and DARK CHOCOLATE. Delightful!

It's important for you guys to know that there is still this much snow on the ground right now and I came to work (uphill both ways) - I get a gold goddamned star. Now I've lived in DC during one of it's top 5 snowstorms EVER, in addition to being in Seattle last Summer during it's hottest day, EVER. 2 gold stars?

3 comments:

SDP said...

Atleast you were cute in your now attire... Will the snow ever stop? Love the blog and nice meeting you at the FBHH.

Stacey at www.chaosandchicken.blogspot.com

Megan said...

FYI, I walked down the hall yesterday, giggling to myself, "hee hee hee... snowf**k yourself!".

Hi. Lar. I. Ous.

Kenneth Moore said...

Hehe... GroceryStore thunderdome... That's my favourite. :D