Rethink Scholarship at Langara 2010 Call for Entries from Rory O'Sullivan and Simon Bruyn on Vimeo.
Winter Blues have got me down but not completely! I'm cooking up new goals and am motivated since Spring is on the horizon. The days can only get longer and warmer from here on out, People!A Few of My Big Motivators:
*Family
*Friends
*Money
*Results
*Connections/Collaboration
*Beauty/Nature
*Fear (working on making this not true)
*Freedom (working on making this more true)
*Quiet time, a bit o' solitude now and then
*Artists of all kinds
*Music (preferably with a booty shaking beat)
*A good THEME (ok, doesn't even have to be a good one, I'll pretty much go with it)
Now: with imminent snow apparently on the way in oh...about 4 hours, my plan is to stay home and stay warm! I'm actually really looking forward to being cooped up...I have so many projects! Snow Weekend Agenda: sleep, craft, clean, snuggle, catch up, call some peeps, tivo, pretend to watch the superbowl but really read blogs on my laptop.
I wanna know: what are your big motivators, and what are your weekend plans?
3 comments:
Right now, Friday motivates me. I'm with you on the results thing, too. No results=no motivation in every area I can think of- clean houses, weight loss, my students, everything. I like this post, it's very reflective:)
This is a tough one! Since being unemployed since September and a new mom since last March, my motivation seems to have disappeared in a sense. My long term goals seem to be too far off for attention at the moment; my day to day life is all consuming. I am movitvated now by my daughter almost completely. Making sure she is well rounded and filled with great experiences and nutrition. I wasn't expecting this to happen with such intensity after having Dahlia. But here I am - not working out, not sleeping and not cleaning - just playing and enriching my life with Dahlia!
I'm a huge procrastinator, so for me, sometimes just forcing myself to start helps. Especially when it's a writing project, whether creative or work-related. I also find that reading about people I look up to, people whose careers I want to have someday, really helps me stay positive and on-track.
Post a Comment