Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Time

Still catching up on posting! For the cohab's birthday I attempted the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake recipe. Scary! I didn't want to make this thing 3 layers like the recipe called for, but I also didn't want to do the math so I just made the entire batch and only used what I needed (creating a slight frosting/ganache overage that we had to toss it because it was becoming a huge self-control problem). My only real issue was that I tried to make it all in one go in my springform pan and of course it took forever to get it to bake through. Next time I'd do two layers instead of one big layer cut in half. Bake n' learn, people! Bake n' learn. It was really tasty though. Even more than the cake, this cream cheese frosting and the ganache that goes in the middle were ah-mazing!

Behold, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake:


Make sure you have a good amount of time to do this - I recommend making the frosting and ganache ahead of time....{recipe on RecipeMogul}

4 comments:

Keene said...

Thank you for my cake, sweetness! It was real, real, REAL good. :)

mansionmogul said...

You are welcome! I'm so glad it turned out :)

Jenna said...

Ganache is actually a truffle filling - you can chill it, roll it into little ball, coat it in flour, and voila! Truffles. Of course, I'm really lazy so I just keep in the fridge and eat it by the spoonful when I need a chocolate fix.

mansionmogul said...

REALLY?!!? Omg, brilliant! I'm totally freezing the rest next time.