Thursday, April 01, 2010

Ladies' Classy Night out from a really long time ago

Ok maybe this is from February? All I remember is that it was still cold. And rainy. But I had a great time! Drew, Erin and I met up for dinner at the coveted Birch & Barley - we'd been planning this for ages, since we knew we wanted a reservation for a non-busy night so we wouldn't have to deal with the usual crowds. It was worth going out on a weeknight - the food & beer were all we'd hoped for and more...

They have this fancy "cask" beer. Not being a connoisseur, I couldn't tell much of a difference between this beer and other "good" beer, but I do know it was really smooth and yummy!

Oh my lawd...they bring out this breadboard to start. Soooo good! Our favorites were the mini pretzels on the far right. They were awesome dipped in the stone ground mustard!


I ordered the duck. Honey-glazed, boo-ya!

Dessert...desert was a mix of really delish and sortof just, "interesting." All good though!

I would definitely go back for more. I'd order dessert again too since it was such an adventure!

3 comments:

dns said...

You missed the cask beer festival in Seattle last weekend. Two Beers took fourth place!

mansionmogul said...

Woah! 4th place?! That's awesome. Jeez we need to get back so we don't miss out on anymore beer.

dns said...

Beer? I hear they have that in Seattle!!