Saturday also ruled. Drew picked me up (ok so we hung out a lot this weekend) and we went shopping in SUBURBIA!!! I would never live there (gawd no) but it's great to visit and buy things. We got coffee from Buzz, which had these adorable-looking cakes, and then went to the car wash where they do it all different out here (it's no Brown Bear, I tell ya). Then it was Old Navy/Target, where I bought some truly tacky accessories for my ladies' Vegas trip this June (gotta have those). We capped off the day with pizza from Rustico where I had a "Flying Dog Raging Bitch" beer. I think FDRB may be my spirit name.
The yummy cakes at Buzz.
The truly fabulous matching "boat shoes" we got at Target. Don't hate, these are awesome.
My "Ragin' Bitch" - PS this beer was really good.
Sunday the weather was behaving itself despite being a bit chilly so it was safe to leave the house and brave the new Spring "elements." So happy that these have replaced the snow in our front yard:
The few cherry trees on our street are doin' their thing:
Keene and I were finally able to try out this diner on the Hill that we've been meaning to go to forever, Jimmy T's. It's just about what you would expect. Lots of hill-types reading the newspaper over blueberry waffles and coffee (I love me some diner coffee!).
It has a what-you-see-is-what-you-get vibe and they only take cash, hence the reason our debit-card totin' selves have never made it here (who carries cash anymore? other than Dads?).
Me n' my "Dear Ole Dad" mug.
Keene studying the rifle on the wall...
...yes, a "Red Ryder" bb gun to be exact. It's part of this random "A Christmas Story" shrine...?
Tin ceilings - an East Coast thing?

After breakfast we went over to Eastern Market because I was craving a pickle from the pickle people. Lots of pickles this weekend...
Pickle sass.
A delightful weekend all around! I'm so excited for the days to keep getting warmer and longer. YOU GUYS - how were your weekends?!?!
Cherry blossoms at the Market.


4 comments:
My lady gets her ring back, friends get married, other friends in town, lots of drinks, hip hop show, other friends in town, working in the yard, taking a nap, 1st birthday party, booze for brunch, homemade stew, and home baked bread from scratch. pretty good weekend.
That is the most full weekend I've ever heard of! Sounds crazy fun :)
Closed a show Saturday night, went to do a staged "reading" of that same show at another theater (which was part of a 24/7 festival of Tennessee Williams--we ended up going on after 3am), had celebratory beers with my cast, got up for a Sunday morning strike. When that was over, went to bed. My body hates me.
omg, Shannon: I need to make you a fruit smoothie and come over for a Gossip Girl marathon. How fun would THAT be?!?!
Post a Comment