Friday, April 09, 2010

Arlington: the hippest place on Earth

Happy Friday, y'all! So recently I was struggling to describe the city that I work in, Arlington, VA. It was tricky. I think it's a bit like if Bellevue and the Northgate Mall had a baby. So yeah, I commute out to Arlington every day from DC. It is such a joy! SARCASM. Anyway, here is a "rap" that might help illustrate what Arlington is like:



LIST FRIDAY: the Places I've Worked, in order from "Best" to "Worst" in my opinion based on geographical proximity to cool stuff:
1. Fremont, Seattle
2. Downtown Seattle (right by Benihana!)
3. Belltown (Seattle)
4. Pioneer Square (Seattle)
5. Everett, WA (duh)
6. Arlington, VA
7. Lynw(h)ood, WA
8. Georgetown, DC

You may be surprised to see that Georgetown is #8. I worked WAY OUT in GT, no where near the fancy shopping center of it all, and had to take an hour and a half bus to get there. Fremont is of course at the top because it's got the cutest lunch spots. Downtown Seattle beats Belltown and Pioneer square for it's convenience. Arlington rolls in there around #6 because there's at least a Macy's and a CVS.

Now you go. Favorite spot you've worked?

7 comments:

Megan said...

The coolest place I've worked, geographically speaking, is London. Granted, it was a suburb of London, and in the east end at that, but it wins by default, as my other work locations are:
1. Des Moines
2. Tukwila
3. Bellingham
4. White Center

So, yeah, London wins.

mansionmogul said...

Oh man, White Center doesn't win?!?! ;)

JBL4 said...

1. downtown seattle (i can commute by boat now! its rad)
2. u-district seattle
3. Ballard (job sucked, ballard was cool)
4. Bellevue (job was great but took forever to get there, and was a pretty boring place)
5. Redmond/sammamish/fall city (door to door sales in area that is not built to easily walk around in...)
there are plenty of others....but i dont' really feel one way or the other about them

mansionmogul said...

Omg - you can commute with the west seattle ferry or sumpin'? Keene is gonna be super jealous. That's like, his dream.

Megan said...

See? That's why you should move to West Seattle- you can commute by BOAT! John sings that "I'm on a boat" song EVERY DAY, but I can't begrudge him that 'cause, well, he's on a boat.

mansionmogul said...

"Never thought I'd be on a Booo-oat...."

JBL4 said...

it should be his dream...it's awesome. the dock is 2 blocks from my office, and in west seattle there is a shuttle bus that takes me up the hill!