Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I can't wait to smell the Pacific Ocean, You Guys


Today it happened, I bought my one-way ticket home. New York to Seattle. In just 7 weeks the DC chapter will close, and the *crazy*pants*unknown* chapter will begin. I can't wait. There's so much that I want to do...reconnect with everyone, to start. Visit NY en-route home. Get healthier. Center. Travel...and bookend it all with finding the perfect job. Or near-perfect. I've been totally pessimistic this week thinking about my "career" (laughable!) and where it's going. I think from now on I'm going to just put it out there to the Universe that I'm going to land a job that I like, doing something that makes me feel creative and where I'm contributing to society, at a place with people who inspire me. How about that? We'll just have to see now, won't we? Buckle up...prepare for landing...$h!t I need to pack.

I don't remember who this quote is by but it was on Molly's blog and I've saved it because I need to remember this when I'm being all "worst case scenario preparation," and instead just believe that most "setbacks" are really just things that ultimately lead to what is best...amiright?
__
"Advance confidently in the direction of your own dreams to live the life that you've imagined. That is when you have success."
__

8 comments:

Paula Skarr Photography said...

I'm so excited for your homecoming, Brooke and Keene!!! You'll have many friends and family to support you during this next chapter in your lives :) I look forward to hearing stories that start with, "When I lived in DC . . . ." ;)

Megan said...

Brilliant post, Brooke. Love it.

Mary said...

It was great meeting you! Does this mean we won't see you anymore?

mansionmogul said...

I'll make it to as many blogger hhs as possible before I go! :)

Marissa said...

I can completely relate! I want exactly what you want, maybe when you get back to Seattle we can have some creative brainstorming and figure out our careers together!

mansionmogul said...

Marissa - absolutely! Career planning summit! Over thai food!

Molly said...

Dr. Wayne Dyer said that...so good!

mansionmogul said...

DWD! Of course he did. So wise! Thanks Molly!