We are feverishly trying to eat at all the places on our list before we leave DC - it's a challenge, but we're up to it! We were finally able to get reservations at The Tabard Inn for this Sunday (a month in advance). It was soooo worth the wait. I loved it! Right when we stepped in I felt like we were in a funky old house on Queen Anne or the San Juans. It has that "old hardwood" smell. I love all the little rooms and the cool lounge. SO CUTE.
We had to get what everyone is always raving about: the doughnuts. They were amazing. AMAZING. The cream they come with is divine. They also had fabulous orange juice and coffee.
We ordered the lobster bisque. I know, not "brunchey", but who can resist bisque? It was good. Not better than Montmartre or Ray's though.
I got the eggs benedict with bacon. GAH! SO good! I'm really glad I got this :)
Keene got the sour cream and chive scrambled eggs that came with this "house-made" sausage link. I tried a bite, sans-casing and it was really good. But the casing part is a little too hardcore for me. He was a big fan though.
I love the entrance to this hote!
Our squinty mc squinterson couples self-portrait :)
I love brunch. Totally go to Tabard if you get the chance!
3 comments:
The picture of the two of you is so cute! Squinty eyes and all! I am glad the donuts were everything that you had hoped!!
Thanks Gurl! Next time we gotta remember our couples shades. Doughnuts were everything I'd hope for...and more :)
Fun fun fun fun brunch!!!! Those donuts looked errrmaaaaaazing!
Post a Comment