Print by Jennifer Ramos. {via LovelyUndergrad}
Sculpture by Michael Johansson. {via JennSki}
The cheapest, quickest, easiest mural ever by Kelsey. {via LovelyUndergrad}
Charming oversize paper flowers by Eloise Corr Danch. {via Frolic!}
Mondrian Cake from the Blue Bottle Cafe at SFMOMA. {via Poppytalk via luiredaily}






6 comments:
Just occurred to me: the first AOTD is a great example of why the serial comma should be the default rule. "I love you, blogs and coffee." Is she expressing her love for a person, blogs, AND coffee (three love targets), or in the alternative is she expressing her love for these two things, blogs and coffee (two love targets), or perhaps even the particular combination of reading blogs while drinking coffee (one composite love target)? Can't tell, because you heathens refuse to use the serial comma as the absolute default rule. If it was, there would still be some ambiguity as between the second and third options, but we would have reduced the overall ambiguity by 1/3. Big win, all I'm sayin'. Heathens...
WOW.
A. Nerd-alert.
B. Assuming she is using the serial comma rule, then yes I think it's safe to assume it is intended to convey the second or third option. Mostly likely the second. So maybe she IS using the serial comma correctly? It's just the "heathens" out there that still don't use the serial comma that make this questionable?
Yeah, I mean, basically. The problem is that there isn't a rule. Or there is a rule, but it's not followed. Or that there are competing rules. Bottom line: we should take all the anti-serial comma people, put 'em on an island, and then blow up the island. Problem solved.
I'm glad we've set everyone straight.
Either way I love that print.
I thought Blogs and Coffee were telling me that they loved me! i.e.
Sincerely,
Brooke and Keene
I love you,
(signed) Blogs and Coffee
;)
-ish
OMG Ish, you're so cute. I like your interpretation the best.
Post a Comment