Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PortLANDIA!

Josiane and I took a little trip down to Portland this weekend to reunite her with some fabulous peeps she hadn't seen in 15 years. I had a superb time chatting with her buddies and exploring their Utopian society!

As soon as we arrived we had to have lunch at the Tin Shed, to "take in a bit of the city". Highly recommended by local aficionado, Molly, the Tin Shed was a perfect place for us to have some bloody marys, some grits and really tasty scrambles. Among the dogs and the gentle Portland locals we dined and soaked up the sun.

My "sweet chix" scramble. Grits = to die for. 
Bloodys.
Before when we were waiting for our table, we took a jaunt around the block and discovered this gem:

Fairy House. 
Of course we had to leave a surprise for the fairies. Josiane happily sacrificed her little yellow "ny taxi" bear key chain. I hope the fairies dig it.
We also saw this very elaborate mural. Very elaborate, amiright?
And her friends had one of these, a "chimenea". I don't know why but I am dying to have one now.

I had a blast listening to Josiane stories and getting to know her pals from back in the day. Portland is full of good people with pesticide-free zones who make their own yogurt and jam and ride their bikes everywhere. "Seattle lite" as they call it.

3 comments:

HBIC said...

PORTLAND! LAND OF MAGIC AND FUN!

mansionmogul said...

WORD.

Josiane said...

YAY! I always love it when I make your blog. It was a really fun trip and Portland was everything this city girl thought it would be.