Whew! Long time, no blog. *Thanks for sticking with me guys* I've been preparing myself for the epic task of blogging our 1,000+ photos. I want to show you just the highlights, but hot dayum there are so many highlights!
I missed boring you guys with every detail of my life. So, shall we continue?
Day one, right off the train from the airport, we popped up and this thing was staring me right in the face. The Glockenspiel at the Rathaus at the Marienplatz. I shed a tear. Was probs just the travel exhaustion!
After a (a-hem, 3.5 hour) power nap, we had to make our first stop: Donner Kebab.
I was in no mood to wait for Keene to be camera-ready.
Awww yeah....!!! So good! Red cabbage! Shaved meat! This "imbiss" was right next to the Hofbrauhaus, which I don't have pics of but it was poppin' as we walked through. We weren't well rested enough to take that on yet, so we saved it for Oktoberfest (stay tuned for that post).
We followed the advice of our hotel manager and went to check out the Glockenspiel's night time "go to bed, go to bed" (in her words) routine. It's like the most giant music box ever. Only in Germany.
Here we are, breakfast at the Munchner Kindl. VERY Bavarian.
Cutesy Wootsey with awesome German breakfast: rolls, salami, cheese, jam, coffee n' juice :) This place set the tone for some good convo with midwesterners! They're everywhere.
DOOR at the Rathaus - *loves it*
Just a little ironwork for ya...
Google translate boop boop beep:
Stained glass in the hizzay
This was super quiet and peaceful until a tour group came through
Merkle I got you this Gargoyle
And this one
I was pretty in love with this door within a door
We were there at the very end of September, just in time to still catch all the flower boxes doin' their thang!
The first part of our trip was a fun whirlwind. So many more pics to come! Missed you guys. :)
















3 comments:
BAH!!! GARGOYLE FOR MERKLE!!! I just laughed out loud. :)
We missed YOU! Welcome back and can't wait to see more. Yay donner kabob...
So happy you are back!!!!!!
awesome pics!
more more more!!!!
hugs,
ish
Post a Comment