Friday, November 19, 2010

Avignon and the Palais des Papes

Sigh, we left our little place by the beach Villefrance and headed inland to Avignon, France. Very pretty countryside and a rustic, historical feel everywhere we went!

We decided to check out Palais des Papes or The Pope's Palace - here I am en route with the famous medieval bridge, Pont Saint-Bénezet, in the background. For some reason I was in a crap mood that morning. Can you tell?

Keene was being an awesome sport though, as per ushe.

Here we are! Does it look ancient?

Arty Farty Avignon pic.

Woo! More handsets with heavy indecipherable English accents!

Peeking around.

GARGOYLES

CATHOLICISM

Old ass rocks and ancient stuff

Lunch time! What better to order in France other than French Onion Soup?!

And I got the Boeuf Stroganof!

Avignon had this absolutely magical carousel in the square. Other cities had them too, but this one was particularly charming :)


............................................................
Ok Happy Friday Y'all! Don't forget to ask your "Questions for MansionMogul" in the comments today! I need your questions, because without them, I won't be able to VLOG!

1 comment:

Megan said...

When I was a kid I learned a song in French called "Sur la Pont d'Avignon" (On the Bridge of Avignon) so I freaked out when I saw you ACTUALLY sur la pont. It is GORGEOUS, and I'm jealous which is why I am asking this question.

My mansionmogul question: What did you hate about your trip? I don't mean any disagreements or misunderstandings you had with anyone, but what annoyed you most about being in Europe?