I got you these mountains.

Neuschwanstein!

From our b&b window...

We stayed in this little valley - this is on the walk to the castle. So gorgeous!

When we got to the top, check out this friggin' RAINBOW that was across the valley!!! It's no double rainbow, but it was still totally amazing!

Behold: The Castle.

Glorious! They don't let you take photos inside the castle for bs "copyright" reasons, but the best part of it was the outside anyway. Amiright?! Although I do wish I had video of our tour guide, who we named "Egor". We think he might've been a distant relative of Ludwig, because he was a weirdo!

Couples pic attempt. Don't trust strangers with my camera so self-portrait it is!

Keene's sneaky pic from inside the castle. Breakin' the law! We could see our b&b from here...

The castle that Ludwig grew up in just down the hill, Hohenschwangau.

After Neuschwanstein we headed over to Ludwig's castle that he actually finished: Linderhof. On the way, we saw some gorgeous green water and briefly passed through Austria. (I think)

Here she is!

He tried to make it into a "mini Versailles". Our tour guide here rocked! Also no pics inside, but trust me, it was off the hook.

Me in nature.

Entrance to Ludwig's "grotto"...

It was like Disneyland! He would sit in this little boat and have performances of Wagner, his fave. The lights here also changed color to fit the mood of the performance. AND he had a wave machine. Crazy.

Behold: the exit and outside of the "grotto". Kinda like what I would imagine the back of Disneyland looks like!

Pretty. All of the grounds were fabulous.

We picked up some Landjäger in the gift shop on the way out. Hardcore.

Meep meep! Check out our tiny rental car! Keene loved driving in Germany. No joke, all the roads looked like they were freshly paved! Oh, Germany.

One of our memorable meals in Fussen - the Schwangau version of Spätzle and gravy!

I'm orange in this pic and Keene's finger is over the lens but I am too lazy to photoshop! Deal.

He became a huge fan of König Ludwig Dunkel beer.

The castle at night from our b&b. Like a fairytale!

These Alpen Kuh were all up in the valley. This one was about to kick our asses.

They wear these bells that are hundreds of years old sometimes. And they all move around and it sounds like wind chimes. We could hear it from our hotel. My video of it - so charming!
There are deer in this pic - I swear.

And then, it was time to move on to Italy...I had to get at least one "Kinder Uberraschung" before we left Germany!

Surprise!

Bavaria from the air...

Pretty, right?

Our quiet time in Southern Germany was so beautiful and fun. I can't wait to go back!
3 comments:
Fantastic, Brooke! Thank you for sharing and letting us experience Germany vicariously!
I die when I see Neuschwanstein! My sister was 12ish when we went, and she just about lost her mind when my mom told her it's the castle that inspired the Sleeping Beauty castle. I love your pictures!
What an amazing countryside!!!! And that Grotto is totally outta control . . . I want one!!
Post a Comment