Thursday, January 06, 2011

30th Birthday Re-Cap

...Oy...where to begin? I think I'm going to stay away from the ugliness that was my intolerance for alcohol on account of becoming an old lady, and just go with the highlights!

A snapshot of the night and illustration of how I wanted to be over the top with my bday costume:

Cupcakes from my favorite, Trophy, that may not make another appearance in my life until 2012. But don't they look pretty? (Snowball, Red Velvet and Samoa flavors)

There were some cute pics!

And then began the rounds of me making people take pictures with me acting like a ridiculous ham. They get much worse and unflattering than this, but it's my blog so I get to post what I want!

Lots of lessons learned by 30. Firstly: apparently I'm not old enough to resist peer pressure (jager, really, People??), but too old to handle a hangover anymore. "I'm too old for this stuff!" It was fabulous to have all my good friends there with me though and I hope they had a great time too. I'm seriously relieved to be in my 30s finally and can't wait to see what the next decade brings! :)

6 comments:

Megan said...

Good grief, that was brutal. Amazing, but brutal.

mansionmogul said...

Well said, my Friend :)

Leanne said...

Welcome to 30! I'm completely disappointed you weren't rockin the pink extensions when we met up. Next time?

mansionmogul said...

Ha, yeah, I should really work them into my "every day" look :)

Shannon said...

SO FUN! I loved seeing you all decked out. I agree with Leanne--work those extensions into more of your everyday situations and you're golden.

casablancalady said...

You'll have to Rick this outfit and the happy photos next time I'm home!