Tuesday, January 18, 2011

First "real" cooking in the new house...

So I'm finally getting a little more comfortable in our new kitchen, and it was time to attempt something a little more ambitious than heating up soup, and the other day I saw this crazy Italian lady on PBS was making "Chicken in Beer", and it looked super tasty and easy.

Here's how my Chicken in Beer (aka Classy Beer Butt Chicken) turned out...


It turned out darn good! She used parsnips in hers and I used red potatoes instead and they got a little overdone so I would probably choose a heartier veggie next time. I also added mushrooms :) I loved the cider & beer combo - totally made our house smell awesome too!

My RecipeMogul adaptation of Lidia Bastianich's recipe.

1 comment:

Paula Skarr Photography said...

Deeeeelish! And I'm glad to see you rockin' out in the new kitchen :)