Monday, January 03, 2011

Resolutions, Part II

Ok You Guys so I'm trying something new this year - a little experiment to add on to my usual resolutions: I'm going to go without something, each month. I get to decide what each month, and it's only for that month. Usually I'm pretty awful at denying myself anything. So I thought this would be a good way for me to test out how I do with "saying no", to just one thing at a time, for just a manageable month-long. I am hoping this experiment will help me learn something new about what I can or can't live without, and how different choices impact my well-being. I think I can do it!



First up, January: *Sober Month*
That's right. I said it. Since my 30th bday of being a total lush, alcohol and I have not been friends. I've been wanting to try living without it for some time now, and I am really feeling like I just don't want any part of it at the moment. So January - no alcohol for you! I'm hoping I'll realize that I can say no to myself easily, feel healthier, and still have fun. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I've done this! It's easy, actually. I did it in October. Be prepared with smart ass comments for those who ask you if you are pregnant! :)

mansionmogul said...

Ha! Rest assured everyone: I am not preggers. Just trying not to look it!

Carrie said...

I know you can do it, Brooke! Kill two birds with one stone and replace all that alcohol with water!! Speaking from experience, this is VERY easily done. ;-)

mansionmogul said...

Thank, CH! I'ma do it! You guys are fabulous cheerleaders :)

HBIC said...

Brooke I'm right there with you on the sober month. Love you sister!

mansionmogul said...

Sounds like I'm not the only one who wants to rid themselves of this for a while!