Here we are, having arrived plenty early to drink our VERY tall glasses of wine before the show.

You can't tell but I was wearing a red dress. OMG you guys people are so SEATTLE about this stuff. I spotted way too many jeans in attendance. Ugh. The scarf I'm wearing was a gift from my Aunt when I was about 16. I've worn it to many dressy functions and I loved wearing it to this because she took me to the Opera many years ago and it's a special memory. Keene is wearing a tie I got him for Christmas that I really like! It's subtle grey on charcoal stripes.
Just like last year, we made dinner at home, because Valentine's weekend is really not the best time to go out to dinner anyway! Pre fixe menus, crowds, etc. I couldn't find heart-shaped ravioli but we got some great tortellini and heart-shaped crab cakes all which were awesome from Metropolitan Market. And of course, Sangiovese, one of my favorite types of wine.

Happy Valentines Day to all my blog readers! Heart you guys! :)
3 comments:
Looks like a lovely day with the fiancee... so fancy... just like your scarf ;-)
sangiovese for life. That's my favorite wine too!
Good times!!! I remember I was invited last minute to the ballet one time and I was SO STRESSED because I didn't have time to go home from work and change before going to the ballet, so I just went in my business casual . . . . and totally fit right in! Get with it, Seattle!
Post a Comment