Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm Free!!! (for a month)

Whew. Just finished Summer Quarter, and now I get an entire month break until Fall. YAY! I feel so free to do WHATEVAHIWANT. I still have freelance design to keep up with, but other than that I'll be filling my days with socializing, home improvement, crafts, and wedding stuff.

List & Comment Friday: Ambitions for Over Break:
1.) Sand and paint my cruddy old bedroom furniture. I HAVE to do this now before the weather turns. For example: we've got mismatched bedside tables. I want to re-vamp them so they don't look like hand-me-downs!

2.) Design our Wedding "brand". Oy. I am really trying not to be a perfectionist on this project to the point of paralyzed. I think the majorness of the whole event makes me put pressure on myself for it to be the best wedding design the world has ever seen. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be "us". Loving this invite for example (this is mostly more "me" than "him", but lucky for me, I'm in charge of this task!)...

3.) Frame and hang some stinkin' art already. We have so many fab pictures from Europe that I'd love to have printed and frame, wouldn't they look great? We still have almost nothing on our walls, even though we moved over 6 months ago. How do other people get it done so quickly? I love how all these tiny frames right next to each other make one big piece of artwork.

4.) Stay tuned for a really fun storytelling of how I found a piece of wood for "free" on the sidewalk and am going to turn it into a headboard. I want to paint it with a border similar to this one, but add a pattern in the middle.

5.) Sign up for Dance Classes. The fiance very sweetly got us certificates to take a dance class, and I really really want us to learn at least one dance. Now I feel like I finally have some time to sign us up!
side-note: culturally, don't you think it's crucial that Keene watches this movie with me?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Tell me Keene has never seen this movie. Like, seriously? How do you even survive in this world without understanding such vital cultural references as, "I carried a watermelon" and, of course, not putting Baby in a corner?