
Last Friday was the big 3-1! I took it easy this year (last year was enough for a decade, thankyouverymuch) and celebrated by going wedding dress shopping with my mom, sister and good friend Shannon who was in town for the holidays. I wasn't too jazzed about spending my birthday standing in front of a mirror, staring at all my insecurities, but in the end it was worth it - by Monday we'd found "the" dress. Yay! It's a surprise for the groom so I won't post any pictures now, but it hit all the marks: fitted, flared, lace, vintage-feel, a touch princess-ey, a touch pink, a little dramatic, but not too much! I'm excited about it. Now it's time for...SHOES, veil, jewelry, hair, etc. AKA the really fun stuff!
After dress shopping I changed into comfy clothes and had pizza with the fiance. Kept it classy with just ONE cocktail and a glass of wine. I'm not too sure how I feel about being 31. I think I'm still mourning the loss of my 20's. I know, that's embarrassing. Part of me feels like I just didn't do 20's totally right. But I guess that's what 30's are for, learning from our mistakes of our 20's! I hope this is the decade that brings career and family successes and joys. I'm excited :)
After dress shopping I changed into comfy clothes and had pizza with the fiance. Kept it classy with just ONE cocktail and a glass of wine. I'm not too sure how I feel about being 31. I think I'm still mourning the loss of my 20's. I know, that's embarrassing. Part of me feels like I just didn't do 20's totally right. But I guess that's what 30's are for, learning from our mistakes of our 20's! I hope this is the decade that brings career and family successes and joys. I'm excited :)
1 comment:
Dear Mansion Mogul:
I'm glad to hear that you found "the" dress. Do you have plans to do the something borrowed/blue/old/new?
Thanks,
Paula
Post a Comment