Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's That Time of Year

The New Year is one of my favorite holidays for many reasons (fireworks! food!) but I love it most of all because of the fresh start. It's a chance to wipe the slate clean, look back on a productive year and start over with endless possibilities in a new year.

Time for some goals.

My 2012 Resolutions:
* Lose 10 lbs. I know, I'm seriously over this goal. But just 10 more till the ultimate finish line and I think I can do it.
* Be present (hello, Wedding Day - I'm looking at you).
* Get organized. As in, purge all the junk we've collected over the years and organize our home.
* Do more stuff. I feel like I was so distracted in '11 that I didn't do hardly any of the travel/day trips, or seasonal fun things that I like to do.

How'd I do on those 2011 Resolutions?
* Lose 20 (*more, again!*) lbs. - Dude this is getting old. I did 10/20 of this, and am calling that good.
* Practice being grateful and appreciative of everything I have - am grateful as hell! But I could stand to do this more regularly.

* Strive for productivity more than perfection.
- um yeah, a lot of stuff fell by the wayside, and that's a good thing.
* Get a job that is at least
somewhat enjoyable or fullfilling. - WOAH! I didn't think this one would happen but it did!!! Again, grateful as hell.

So...what are YOUR 2012 Resolutions? Everyone ready for Sober January?

Champagne tower...achievable?
Betty and Don...supposedly coming back in 2012...why do I want them together? I mean, I don't, they're both awful. But I do? I'm so confused.
Nowhere I'd rather celebrate than Seattle...

7 comments:

Victoria Pann said...

Leading an examined life is a goal few of us realize, but your post indicates you are going at it with vigor. I must strive to emulate!

Your picture of the Space Needle rocks!

Victoria Pann said...

Leading an examined life is a goal few of us realize, but your post indicates you are going at it with vigor. I must strive to emulate!

Your picture of the Space Needle rocks!

mansionmogul said...

Over-examining life: a blessing and a curse! :) Happy New Year Victoria!

Megan said...

For the first time EVER, I'm glad to say that I have ACHIEVED my New Year's resolution! I never do it. Like, ever. But, John and I went to a new restaurant every month for the whole year, and I think that we're going to keep it up. It was fabulous to do, and it forces us to break out of the usual, which is good. I'm working on the organization one, too- dear lord, it's getting ridiculous up in here...

mansionmogul said...

Well done, Megan!!!

Anonymous said...

ALSO: Dennis and I are going to have people over for dinner a lot more for the year and really work on cultivating relationships with our friends. I guess the theme for 2012 could be summed up as "Healthy bodies and healthy relationships!"

~P

mansionmogul said...

accidentally unpublished comment:

"For 2012 I'm really committed to losing at least two pounds per month :) I already eat pretty healthy, but I'm also starting with sober January to kick start the weight loss. I'm signed up for an 11-week pilates class and more volleyball too. But I think that means we should totally have more tennis dates as soon as the weather starts to warm up!

Cheers to a wonderful 2012!

~P"

- Paula I would LOVE to play more tennis with you this year! And dinner dates!!!