Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crafty Things

Why can't I live in the friggin' MOMENT?! Ugh. I was listening to one of my podcasts this morning and a guest of the show was chatting about her life now as an empty nester since her triplets have all recently left for college. She said she sleeps in, goes to the gym, goes out to ladies lunch, is remodeling the house, and overall is pretty "lazy". Omg that sounded so great! I found myself thinking: "wow, after my kids leave for college I can't wait for that time!" What? That's crazy.*

Anyway, if I was an empty nester right now I would spend my week making these crafts for my friend Megan's upcoming birthday:

Heart-pattern Friendship Bracelet via The Purl Bee.

A Handmade Giant Flower via Green Wedding Shoes.


This adorable sprinkle cake via KissMyCakes...



And I'd make some super cute bunting to mark the occasion...{via ohcrafts}

*I've sortof already had my "empty nest" time: aka "funemployment" but that was riddled with guilt and no money so obvs not a very desirable lifestyle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to make oodles and oodles of those giant roses in high school (and poppies too)! My mom showed us how to make them, and we used to sell them around valentines day as a fundraiser for the international club :-)
ahhh, memories!
-ish

Megan said...

I have been DYING to make that gigantic flower for about a week now. I even went through my stuff at school to see if I had all of the stuff I would need. Also, re: the bunting- I die. It's SO friggin' cute. As for the living in the moment thing, I totally feel you on that. I can never focus on what is happening today instead of weeks/months/years from now. However, I do think that we can do a ladies lunch, even if we're not empty nesters:)

mansionmogul said...

Why am I the only one who is just now seeing these giant flowers!? We have to make them. Ladies lunch = it's on!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Giant flower makin' ladies lunch!

~P